- Graphics drivers are outdated, they do not support required OpenGL support to run Minecraft.
- Invalid memory allocation, if you set any Java arguments in your Profile Settings, please remove them.
Please read on for further information on updating your Graphics Drivers.
- Hold your Windows key then hit R together, to bring up a run dialogue.
- Type "dxdiag" in the Run window and press enter.
- When a DxDiag window opens, browse to the 'Display' tab.
- You should get an output similar to this.
- Look for the Name and Manufacturer name part.
Once you have found this, look for your manufacturer in the table below and go to their "Auto-Detector" site and scan your computer for any out-of-date drivers.
If one is found, please install the update; if for any reason there are no available updates or the updates do not solve your issue, please see this article to get assistance.
Most Linux distributions provide a way to install drivers with its package manager.
It is highly recommended you use the distro's packages for drivers; not doing so can cause problems later!.
- Open your terminal.
- Enter in
lspci -v | less
- Look for the line that says VGA Compatible or Video Controller.
- Look for the Manufacturer and model name.
- Install the necessary driver from the website:
Most Apple computers come with built-in drivers and a graphics card that cannot be changed. Please make sure that your system is up to date.
You can make sure your Mac is up-to-date by viewing by Apple on using Software Update.